Monday, July 14, 2008

Item 13: del.icio.us and social bookmarking

I like the concept of del.icio.us. I have so many sites bookmarked on my school computer. It's hard to remember what each title means and what all I have compiled in the list. Sometimes it's time consuming trying to locate the one address I'm searching for from a list of so many. It's also frustrating to work on another computer and not have those bookmarked sites available to use. Del. icio. us looks like a way to avoid some of those problems. I also like the tagging aspect - I have tried to organize my bookmarked sites into folders before, but deciding where to put those websites that fit into many catagories can be really frustrating. I looked at furl and ma.gnolia but they seem redundant if I'm also using del.icio.us.
One problem I encountered when searching and following other people's suggestions was finding linked addresses/webpages that came up as "not available". Still I found a couple of good presidential links (I'm thinking of the November election) and some interesting librarian related sites. We have Nettrekker as a online resource in HISD and I have found that to be a good resource for locating websites that are current and appropriate for school.

No comments: