Monday, July 7, 2008

Item #9 Library-related blogs

All of these sources, Technorati, School library blogs on Suprglu, and the Edublog award/winners were a little overwhelming. I read through several of the articles/blogs and while many were interesting, I didn't find just what I'm looking for yet. I went back to my RSS feed page and it was smothering to see how many articles were already added to that page. I don't like sorting through the masses to find the treasure. I don't think this will be a tool I employ with any regularity - at least not now. I guess once you find what you like and have your page tailored to meet those needs, this would be a very useful tool. I'm just not at that point yet.

1 comment:

Poppyseed said...

I know exactly what you mean. When I first heard about RSS feeds a year or so ago, I jumped out and created an account, added a bunch of feeds to it, and promptly found myself unable to keep up with it. This time I'm trying to discipline myself to only add those feeds that are REALLY VALUABLE to me and that I will read each day. I've got 13 right now, but I'll probably end up deleting a few of those because even that amount is a bit much with two preschoolers vying for my attention. Don't give up on finding what you're looking for...it's out there!